What is it
- User Story Mapping is a tool that can be used to help product managers and developers understand the user’s journey. It can be used to help identify needs and requirements, as well as to map out the steps that need to be taken to complete a task. User Story Mapping is a valuable tool for any team that wants to improve their understanding of the user experience.
- Use this user story mapping template to help you through this process
Why use it
- User Story Mapping template may help you and your team to see how each potential new feature fits into the customer’s experience.
- In a User Story Map, each story is represented by a card, and tasks are organized into columns. This allows users to see at a glance which stories are dependent on which tasks, and vice versa. User Story Mapping can be used during the planning phase of a project to help identify potential risks and dependencies. It can also be used during the development phase to track progress and ensure that stories are being completed in the correct order. Finally, User Story Maps can be used as a communication tool to help stakeholders understand the project roadmap and what needs to be done in order to achieve specific goals.
How to use it
- Start from this template and customize to your needs
- Use Kanban Status view to see the progress